Answers To
The Most Frequently Asked Questions

Here’s a listing of the most frequently asked questions by the public on our website.


  • Access City Maps

    Interactive Maps

    The City has created a portal of interactive Geographic Information Systems (GIS) maps to share with the public. The maps currently available on the portal include Council Districts, Zoning, Stormwater and Floodplain, TIF District, and Utilities.


  • Apply for a Garage Sale Permit

    Garage Sale Permits are available free of charge to all Duncanville residents. Some restrictions apply.

    • All garage, estate and yard sales shall be registered with the City of Duncanville. THERE IS NO FEE. Please allow up to 48 hours for approval.
    • Permits are available at the Building Inspection Office, City Hall, 203 E. Wheatland, Duncanville, TX 75116, Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.

    Learn more…


  • Apply for a job with the city

    Job Opportunities

    Search Job Opportunities

    Browse the Government Jobs listings to search through employment opportunities. Create an account and subscribe to job posting notifications to be automatically alerted of the latest career opportunities.


  • Build a project in Duncanville

    A detailed outline of the requirements to build a commercial or residential project in Duncanville can be obtained by clicking on either of the following links:

    If you have any questions please contact staff at (972) 780-5015 and we would be happy to assist you with your project.

  • Dispose of tree branches and limbs

    Call Republic Services

    (972) 225-4207 or
    (972) 225-5252

    Republic Services provides yard waste pick up. Tree branches, and limbs that are cut in 4 ft lenghts and stacked neatly at the street curb with your trash are picked up on regular trash collection days.

    • Branches/limbs should be stacked neatly at your trash pick-up point. Do not mix branches/limbs with other trash.


    • If the branches/limbs are longer than 4 ft in lenght then the boom truck will be in your neighborhood once every 14 days to collect large piles.

    Additional information may be obtained by contacting the Duncanville Service Center at (972) 780-4900.

  • Find out what services are handled by Dallas County

    The following services are managed by the Dallas County Office website or call:

    (214) 653-7011

    • Vehicle Registration
    • First Time Home-buyers Assistance
    • Lew Sterrett Justice Center
    • Property Taxes
    • Toll Tag
    • Driver’s License
    • Vehicle Tags
    • Vehicle Title
    • Handicap Sticker
    • Housing Authority
  • Get a recycling bin

    Call Republic Services

    (972) 225-4207

    Please make mention if you would like a trade out your old recycling bin for a new one.

    New customers can pick up a recycling bin at City Hall when they request water service.

    Residents can pick one up at:

    Service Center
    330 Shady Trail
    Duncanville, TX 75137


    If you would like to trade out your old bin for a new one, please bring it with you.

  • Get Notified by our Citizen Alert System

    Get alerted about emergencies and other important community news by signing up for our Emergency Alert Program EVERBRIDGE. This system enables us to provide you with critical information quickly in a variety of situations, such as severe weather, unexpected road closures, missing persons and evacuations of buildings or neighborhoods.

    You will receive time-sensitive messages wherever you specify, such as your home, mobile or business phones, email address, text messages and more. You pick where, you pick how.


    Login to Everbridge Now

    If this is your first time, you can register there too.

  • Have my residential water turned on or turned off


    Jill Stottlemire
    Utility Accounting Manager
    203 E.Wheatland Road
    Duncanville, TX 75116

    (972) 780-5010

    Office Hours
    Monday – Friday* – 8:00 am – 5:00 pm

    * Closed for the following observances: New Years Day, MLK Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.


    After Hours Customer Service

    24-Hour Emergency
    (972) 780-4959

    Web Questions / Concerns?
    Utility Billing Site only – E-Mail

  • Report a concern

    Need to report a concern? You can submit as a Guest or register to track your request.

    Report A Concern Now

    The following requests are managed through the Dallas County Office at 214-653-7011 or online at

    • Vehicle Registration
    • First Time Home-buyers Assistance
    • Lew Sterrett Justice Center
    • Property Taxes
    • Toll Tag
    • Driver’s License
    • Vehicle Tags
    • Vehicle Title
    • Handicap Sticker
    • Housing Authority

    For power outages contact Oncor at 1-888-313-4747 or

  • Report my power has gone out

    Call ONCOR:


    or you can call your provider directly at the number listed on your monthly billing statements.

    If you see downed power lines, see fire, or smell smoke:
    Dial 911 immediately!

    ONCOR Website


  • Report sewage backing up in my tub; sink; toilet; or washer?

    Between the hours of 7 am–4 pm call:

    (972) 780-4900

    For emergencies between the hours of 4 pm–7 am call:

    (972) 780-4959


  • Report street light outage

    Go to Oncor’s website and zoom in to find the location of the light on the Google map:

    Go To

    You can also call us at (972) 780-5015 – Please be prepared to provide the address if the outage is in front of a house or a specific location (i.e., third light east of the intersection of …) if the light is in a median.


  • Report a water leak

    Notify the Public Works Utilities Department:

    • Monday–Friday, 8 am – 5 pm:

      (972) 780-4900

    • After 5 pm, weekends, or holidays:

      (972) 780-4959


  • Volunteer to serve on a board or commission


    Individuals interested in serving on a board or commission are encouraged to submit a Board and Commission Application. Applications are typically accepted during the month of June. In July, the City Council conducts brief interviews with the applicants. Appointments are made in August.

    See Boards & Commissions

    For additional information, contact the city secretary at (972) 780-5017.