TMAH Public Notice

In accordance with the U.S Environmental Protection Agency rule published as 40 CFR §403.5(b)(4) and the City of Duncanville Ordinance No. 2114, the discharge of Tetramethylammonium Hydroxide (TMAH) in measurable quantities for areas of Duncanville that discharge to the Trinity River Authority’s (TRA) Central Regional Wastewater System (CRWS) is prohibited until at such time TRA develops a numeric local limit. TRA has determined that TMAH will cause interference with the CRWS treatment operations.


The Water department for the City of Duncanville is responsible for the following areas of service:


  • Hydrant Flushing
  • The repair and maintenance of the water distribution system for the City of Duncanville;
  • Conducting preventive maintenance of water lines, fire hydrants, and valves;
  • Maintaining the pumps and motors at the Danieldale, Summit and North Main pump stations;
  • Conducting emergency repair of main breaks;
  • Repair and change out of meters;
  • Installing new water taps and water meters.


  • The repair and maintenance of sanitary sewer lines;
  • Preventative maintenance of lines by cleaning and replacing sanitary sewer mains as necessary;
  • Installing new sewer taps.

If you suspect a hidden water leak or have leaky faucets or water fixtures, try the Drip Calculator to find out how much water your home may be leaking.

Drip Calculator

Try the easy Water Calculator, which shows water uses in your home that are efficient and which are not.

Water Calculator

Frequently Asked Questions

Are there water restrictions for the City of Duncanville?

Annually, from April 1 through October 31, watering your yard / landscaping is not allowed between the hours of 10:00 am and 6:00 pm. However, you may water your yard at any time with a hand-held hose. You may use a sprinkler or your irrigation system between the hours of 6:00 pm and 10:00 am. New landscaping and/or sod may be watered at any time.

Note: Any new irrigation system must be equipped with rain-sensing devices and freeze sensing devices that would prevent the system from coming on in adverse weather. 

What do I need to do to have my water shut off to perform repairs?

You will need to contact Utility Billing during normal business hours to request that someone come shut off your water. Only water personnel are allowed to operate the valve on a meter. The number for Utility Billing is (972) 780-5010; if it is after hours (after 5:00 pm), please call (972) 780-4959.

What do I do if there is sewage backing up in my tub/sink/toilet/washer?

Please call (972) 780-4900 between the hours of 7:00 am and 4:00 pm or (972) 780-4959 for emergencies between the hours of 4:00 pm and 7:00 am.