Current Building Codes
The City of Duncanville is under the following Codes as of March 21, 2017.
- International Building Code 2015
- International Residential Code 2015
- International Property Maintenance Code 2015
- International Energy Conservation Code 2015
- International Fuel Gas Code 2015
- International Mechanical Code 2015
- International Plumbing Code 2015
- National Electrical Code 2014
- International Fire Code 2015
When Are Permits Required?
Section 105.1 of the International Building Code 2009 Edition states “Any owner or authorized agent who intends to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish or change the occupancy of a building or structure, or to erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace any electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system…” must obtain a permit before the work is started.
This includes nearly any construction-related project on both residential and non-residential property. Please refer to individual subsections of this website for requirements and fees applicable to specific activities or projects. A separate Fee Schedule is also available.
Upon issuance of a permit, one or more inspections will be required before the work can be considered complete and in compliance with the applicable codes and ordinances. Please refer to Inspection Requests for more information.