The Duncanville Fire Department
“Protecting Lives and Property with Pride and Tradition.”
Ready to take the Duncanville Firefighter Test?
Sign up for the next test, fill out this form and send it to us.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age and shall not have reached their 36th birthday
- Must possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate
- Must possess a valid class C Texas driver’s license, and possess a good driving record
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must have Basic Firefighter certification through Texas Commission on Fire Protection & must be certified as an EMT through the Texas Department of State Health Services OR must be certified as Paramedic through the Texas Department of State Health Services
|Pay Scale as of 10/01/2017|
|Starting Pay||$53,192||TMRS Pension Plan||6% Paramedic Pay|
|1st Year Step||$54,874||Health Insurance||Adv. Fire Certification Pay|
|2nd Year Step||$56,557||Longevity Pay||Bilingual Pay|
|3rd Year Step||$58,240||Overtime Pay|
|4th Year Step||$59,923||Paid Vacation Time|
|5th Year Step||$61,606||Paid Holiday Time|
|6th Year Step||$66,169||Paid Sick Time|
*For those applicants with prior employment as a full-time firefighter, credit for previous experience may apply.
- To view additional information about becoming a firefighter, visit Personnel Employment Portal.
- If you have any additional questions, you can contact Fire Administration.